Our Ideology and Mission Statement Core Ideology/ Mission Statement The Mission of the Hindu Society of Nevada is: To maintain a formal place of worship for the practice of Hindu / Jain religion. To promote religious, moral, and spiritual growth for children, adults, and seniors based on Hindu / Jain scriptures. To provide a place for all regardless of ethnicity and background to practice and learn about Indian culture, traditions, and values. The Society will accomplish its Mission through the following activities: Prayer sessions, worshiping of deities, pujas, religious ceremonies. Sunday school classes on Hindu /Jain scriptures pertaining to religious culture, and moral values. Programs for adult spiritual growth including readings, discussions of Geeta, meditation, Kirtan, yoga, etc. Celebration of Indian cultural events. Classes on the Hindi language. Opportunities for youth leadership, mentoring, and volunteerism. Summer camps for children. Establishment of charitable foundations to promote the missions set up by the society. Programs/support groups to benefit the needy in the community.
Address: 1701 Sageberry Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89144, United StatesLas Vegas, Nevada, 89144
Contact Name: software development
- Temple Policies and ProceduresFriday, July 3, 2015
1. There will be NO change in timings for the following regularly scheduled Monthly Pujas.
- Sri Balaji Abhishekam will be performed 1st Saturday of every month at 11:00 am
- Sri Satyanarayana Pooja will be performed on Poornima every month at 6:00 pm
- Sri Shiva Abhishekams will be performed every Monday evening at 6:30 pm
2. There will be no 'Out of Temple' Pujas scheduled to conflict with the following Key
Festivals. All Pujas that are performed shall be paid in full at the time of service.
All Pujas will be documented in the Temple receipt book.
- Maha Shivrathri, Temple Anniversary, Sri Ram Navami, Sri Mahavir Jayanthi, Sri Krishna Janmashtami,
Sri Ganesh Chaturthi, Jain Parushan Parva, Sri Durga Ashtami, Diwali and Annakut.
3. Pujas performed by Panditji inside the Temple premises outside of the regular
Temple hours has to be authorized by the Chairman OR President.
4. During any Puja service at the Temple, members of the Sponsor's immediate family
(Parents and Children) can participate in the Sankalpam (blessing).
5. Aarthi Procedure – Panditji will perform Aarthi for the Hindu deities. He will then
perform Aarthi for the Jain deities. Once the Aarthi for the Jain deities is completed,
the Aarthi plate will be distributed for blessings to all the devotees.
6. Navagraha Mandir: Devotees are requested not to pour oil or any other item on the
Navagraha deities. Devotees are also requested to refrain from touching the Navagraha
deities unless Panditji is performing a puja in the Navagraha Mandir.
7. Photography and Videos inside the main temple is permitted with the permission of